To be eligible for financial assistance applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must provide a copy of status card demonstrating membership in one of the following communities:
- Canupawakpa Dakota Nation Dakota Plains Wahpeton Nation
- Waywayseecappo First Nation Long Plain First Nation
- Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Sandy Bay Ojibway First Nation
- Roseau River First Nation Swan Lake First Nation
- Birdtail Sioux First Nation
- All applicants will be subject to a credit check.
- Must contribute a minimum of 10% cash equity toward the business.
- Business must be operated within the Dakota Ojibway CFDC region.
- Business must meet all local regulatory requirements.
- Business can be for profit, not-for-profit, or a social enterprise.
- Business must be economically viable.
- The applicant must demonstrate that best efforts have been made to access other sources of funding or commercial financing prior to receiving financial assistance from the investment fund.
The time required to process your application will depend on the complexity of your business plan. The Business Service Officer will discuss timelines when you apply